Genesys PureConnect Support Engineer (Remote)
Bring your Genesys technical expertise, love for problem-solving, and passion for customer service to the A-Team. Altivon is currently looking for a PureConnect support engineer to work a Western Region (Mountain/Pacific) schedule from the comfort and convenience of your own home office.
Providing engineering services for the support and maintenance of Genesys solutions in customer environments in conformance to establish company processes, procedures and standards for the sole purpose of meeting customer business objectives and obtaining high levels of customer satisfaction in Altivon’s delivery of technical professional services. Representing and demonstrating Altivon’s brand, value, and technical expertise in both a customer-facing capacity as well as internally with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to the success of this role.
Key Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- Obtain and maintain deep knowledge of customers’ contact center solutions, applications, systems, technical environments, and business operations to provide high-quality focused service and support.
- Develop strong business relationships with all levels of the customer’s technical and management staff.
- Provide Tier1/Tier 2 technical support and engineering services to customers.
- Take support and service requests from customer’s support staff and end users.
- Document, manage, and update support and service requests in company’s ticketing system per established standards and SLAs.
- Investigate, diagnose, troubleshoot, and accurately resolve complex system and environmental issues in a timely manner.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up to support and service requests.
- Provide Incident Reports for code red/emergency support incidents.
- Escalate technical issues as appropriate to other company resources and/or the system manufacturer support organization.
- Provide system administration and maintenance services.
- Monitor system health and perform routine health checks and health reporting.
- Perform routine system administration tasks and moves, adds, and changes.
- Manage change control processes and documentation for planned changes to customers’ systems.
- Consult with customers on operational best practices and system maintenance and support requirements.
- Develop and maintain customer-specific documentation to support customer’s configuration, environment, disaster recovery/business continuity, operational scorecards, processes and procedures, etc.
- Install and test patches and release updates.
- Contribute to company’s technical knowledge base and library of tools, standards documents, customer deliverables, and work and process documents.
- Proactively identify and contribute to the establishment and improvement of engineering and support standards, processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Attend and participate in customer presentations and meetings as required.
- Participating in internal and/or other company projects as required.
- Must be highly available to accommodate the demands of Customer Care and Technical Support.
- Must be available for after-hours on call duty.
- Must be available for 5-10% travel.
Current version Genesys PureConnect product certifications are required and/or required to be obtained for the following:
- Interaction Center Certified Engineer (ICCE)
Additional certifications for the following are preferred but not required:
- Interaction Dialer Certified Engineer (ICDE)
- Interaction Center Handler Developer (ICHD)
- Interactive Intelligence Interaction Optimizer Certified Administrator (IOCA)
- Genesys PureEngage (GVP) Certification
- Microsoft and/or Cisco (e.g. MCSE or CCNA)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with people at a cross-functional level, including domestic and international professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Possess conflict resolution and negotiation skills; and strong verbal and written communication skills.
Medium to high levels of experience, understanding and competency with:
- Telephony protocols (SIP, TDM/Analog, RTP, cRTP, MGCP)
- LAN/WAN topologies, protocols, and management – including QoS
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Virtual Server Planforms (e.g. Hyper-V, VMware)
- Microsoft Office Applications
Please direct inquiries to submit a resume along with the position opening to email@example.com.